Textile provides encrypted, recoverable, schema-based, and cross-application data storage built on IPFS and libp2p. We like to think of it as a decentralized data wallet with built-in protocols for sharing and recovery, or more simply, an open and programmable iCloud.
We believe that future technology can be built around a new model of data ownership where individuals have total agency over the information they create.
What can you do with it?¶
- Build decentralized storage and sharing applications. See Textile Photos.
- Build better ways for users to manage their private information. See AirSecure.
- Build chat apps, website publishing services, health apps, family tools, and more. Got an idea, get in touch.
- Choose or federate your own backup and service peer (cafes) and still participate in the whole network.
Take the tour¶
Whatever your use-case may be, the tour of Textile is great place to start.
Install Textile apps¶
- Photos: https://github.com/textileio/photos
- Photos Desktop: https://github.com/textileio/photos-desktop
- Notes: https://github.com/textileio/notes
- Notes Desktop: https://github.com/textileio/notes-desktop
- AirSecure: https://github.com/airsecure/airsecure
Integrate into your apps¶
Client SDKs or HTTP clients available for integrating Textile into your mobile, desktop, and web applications:
- Core lib
- Command-line Client
- React Native SDK
- iOS SDK
- Android SDK
- Desktop (tray/taskbar app installer)
Run a cafe peer¶
Cafes are easy to deploy & manage (single executable, Docker). Setup your own cafe here.