The Hub is the fastest way to start building and experimenting with Textile technologies. It provides:
- Hosted Buckets and Threads with persistent IPFS endpoints.
- Developer accounts for individuals and organizations.
- API key integration into apps.
The Hub is built on a handful of experimental protocols, many are still in Beta. Please report any issues you experience.
Textile is still under heavy development and no part of it should be used before a thorough review of the underlying code.
APIs and protocols may change rapidly.
There may be coding mistakes, and the underlying protocols may contain design flaws.
Please let us know immediately if you have discovered a security vulnerability.
Please also read the security note for go-ipfs.
To get started, you'll be using the Hub client. The layout of the Hub CLI mirrors the services available, for example:
hub threadsprovide limited access to ThreadDB.
hub buckprovides access to Buckets.
hub keyscreate and expire API keys.
hub orgslets you create multi-developer organizations for collaboration.
Once you've set up an account on the Hub, you can start accessing those resources right away.
Additionally, you can use the API keys to grant restricted access to your Hub resources to the end-users of your apps and services.
Developers are the primary account owner. Using the CLI, developers can:
- Create new API keys.
- Create and join new Organizations and access admin APIs.
- Create your own Buckets and Threads.
You and your collaborators. Members can:
- Share admin control of API keys.
- Share access to and synchronize Bucket state across all members.
- Referenced through docs as simply,
Accounts generated by your app using a
User Group API key.
- Your app can create Threads and Buckets owned by these users.
- Users can then add or remove content from those assets based on their identity.
- Users cannot use the CLI and cannot create new API keys.
Install & Create Account¶
The Hub is API driven and available through the command-line tool and developer libraries. To use the Hub, you need to download the command-line interface and create an account.