Textile provides exchange and storage of data. Textile provides remote data storage for users on the IPFS network (see https://ipfs.io/). The IPFS protocol has no mechanisms for deletion of data hosted on multiple providers on the network. When a Textile user 'deletes' data, we will remove that data from all servers in the IPFS network run by Textile.
Information We Have¶
Certain information (e.g. a user email, public keys, encrypted data content address, decrypted data, etc.) are transmitted to us solely for the purpose of transmitting and storing data. Unless otherwise stated below, this information is only kept as long as necessary to place each call or transmit each message, and is not used for any other purpose.
Information we store
The identifier you register with.
- The email contact address of any developer you invite to an organization.
- Encrypted or decrypted contents of ThreadDB.
Encrypted or decrypted contents of Buckets.
IP addresses may be kept for up to 90 days for rate limiting and to prevent abuse.
- Textile is currently collecting performance metrics and critical issues detected in our software. This data may be kept for up to a year.
Information We May Share¶
We do not share your information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of Textile unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent.
- The data is encrypted and stored on IPFS hosts.
- When legally required.
We will share the information we have with entities outside of Textile if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Textile, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
05.04.20: Finalize TOS for new Textile Hub, Buckets, and ThreadDB services.
05.15.20: Corrected ThreadsDB => ThreadDB